Friday, February 17, 2012

toooooo much

These last two weeks have been too busy. Busy has it's benefits, like it stops me from falling asleep, which inevitably happens every time I sit down on the couch. And, it seems the more I have to do, the more I get done (why, I have no clue but it's a fantastic phenomenon when you're often busy!) While I'd rather be busy than bored, even I have my limits and I think I hit them. It's not all terrible and horrific things, but it's been constant. I need a little ebb and flow, give and take, more 50/50...

I preach like a pastor at least twice a week to my staff at work about what have they done for themselves this week, to make sure they aren't working too much and that their lives are in balance etc. This week I even took one of their day timers and blocked time off for them. So why is it so hard to do this for myself sometimes?! Or at least, just not schedule something or have something to do. Just be.

This week included too much over time at work, a disastrous attempt to take the cats to the vet (which ended in one broken kennel, one seizure and Gord being peed and pooped on. In a snow storm. The second attempt went much more smoothly), a trip to buy new kennels, a second trip to the vet, baking cupcakes, organizing an 80's murder mystery party for work, seeing the Globetrotters, grocery shopping, cleaning the house, dealing with d.r.a.m.a. at work, working out THREE times (trust me, three is big) and one doctors appointment. It's now Friday night. I'm tired and working on being less grouchy and more relaxed (cause of course now that I can finally sit, I'm having a hard time getting my arse in a chair).


This weekend I am looking to be more arse in chair and less go (Happy Birthday to me!)

Less go and more of this:
 seriously, can they get any cuter?

No comments:

Post a Comment